- Points were given to the groups with their Grendel books.
- The “Chapter 2: Solipsism” handout was passed out. Basically, solipsism is the idealism that your mind is all the exists. Everything else is a result of your thoughts. This idealism also states that even if there was something to be known, “knowledge about it could not be communicated to others.” For example, if you are asked, “If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?” you would answer, “I’m not there, so it doesn’t happen.”
- What is the ultimate motivator? That would be happiness. But there are many more motivators which fall below happiness. Among these are euphoria, pleasure, sex, money, power, and drugs. None of these things in themselves are bad. Making these motivators the end-all-be-all, however, would then become bad. The goal is to find true happiness, but when we seek the other motivators, we become evil.
- No school on Monday because it is Memorial Day.
- Work on your book reports, Grendel, and any late work you may possess.